Nazrul Academy Town Library
P.O.:- Churulia, Dist.: Burdwan, Pin:713368
About The Library
The village library was first started in 1962 at the premises of Nazrul Academy, the place where Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam was born. At first books of literature were available in the library and was sanctioned as Rural Library in 1970. Then it was converted into Govt. Sponsored Town Library in 1982.
Name of the Librarian : Kazi Golam Kibria
Telephone No: 7501902473 (Librarian)
How to reach the library
By Bus – Dharmatala to Asansol, Asansol to Churulia Chowdhury Pukur more by mini bus and then by walking distance.
By Train – Howrah – Asansol station
- Lending Section
- Books for Children
- Books for School & College (text book)
- Books for research work on Poet Kazi Nazrul Islam
- Books & Journal for Competitive Examination
- Xerox available
- Youth Hostel for accommodation of research student
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
- Nazrul Academy – the place where poet Kazi Nazrul Islam was born
- Manuscripts, letters, materials used by poet
- The Garh of Raja Narattom Singh & the Dargah of Haji Palhlown
- The Ajoy river side connecting the District Burdwan & Birbhum, also linking certain areas of Jharkhand.
- The Samadhis of the Poet’s wife namely Pramila Nazrul Islam and Manument raised on the poet’s earth/mitti.
Any other relevant Information
- The village of Churulia where the Library is located, is surrounded by a cluster of villages within a radius of 1/1 ½ KM
- No. of Schools :
Primary – 3, Madhyamik – 3, College – 1
No. of Health Center – 1