Baharu Shyamsundar Public Library

Address

Vill + P.O. - Baharu, Dist.: South 24 Pgs., Pin. – 743372

Library Catalog

About The Library

The library was established in February, 1912. It was first started in a small room of Baharu Basu family’s house. Later the library was named as “Baharu Shyamsundar Pathagar”, after their idol “Shri Shri Shyam Sundar”. After 1956, for a short period of time the library was not working properly. Later on people of that village especially young people had taken the responsibility of renovating the library. On July, 1958 a general meeting was called to form a powerful dedicated committee for the library. In that meeting the library was renamed as “Baharu Shyamsundar Public Library and Free Reading Room”. On 30th January, 1968 the library was declared as a “Rural Library” and on 1987 the library was announced as a Govt. registered ‘Town Library’.

Telephone No: 9732528120

How to reach the library

By bus>Kulpi road(N.S Road) to Baharu Kanai more/ By train>From Sealdah Lakshmikantapur/Namkhana local to Baharu station

Facilities

  1. Free Reading Room
  2. Children Section
  3. Text Book and Reference Book Facility

 

100_0013

Baharu Shyamsundar Public Library