Gangarampur Milanee Town Library
P.O+P.S-Gangarampur, Dist.: Dakshin Dinajpur
About The Library
The library was established by some local educationalist namely Sadhanlal Chattopadhya, Sudhir Mukherjee, Gopendra Nath Mandal, Bimalendu Roy, Swarna Kamal Mitra and Oyahed Ali ShahaFakir etc in association with local club named Gangarampur Milanee Club in the year of 1955. This library had been converted in to Govt. Sponsored Public Library in the year of 1957 by the name Milanee Rural Library and this rural library had been converted in to Up- graded town library in the year of 1987 by the name Gangarampur Milanee Town Library. The present Library building was built in 1997 with the help of DLS and a part of Library building was built in 2004 with the help of North Bengal Development Fund. The Library has collection of 11238 books, 899 periodicals along with 11 rare books. An ancient historical place “Bangar” is situated near about one kilometer from this library.
How to reach the library
By bus > Kolkata to Gangarampur/By train>Sealdah-Balurghat Gangarampur station
Reading Room and Career Guidance Service
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc