Serampore Public Library & Mutual Improvement Association
1, Netaji Subhas Avenue, PO : Serampore, Dist.: Hooghly, Pin. - 712201
About The Library
In the year 1806 William Carey, J.C.Marshman & Denish Ruler Jackob Crafting established a “Welfare Committee” to educate local people. After the Denish Period this name was changed into “ Serampore Hitakarini Sabha”. Finally it was appeared as “ Serampore Public Library” in the year 1871. Later this public library was amalgamated with another social organization named “Mutual Improvement Association” and in the year 1900 it was registered according to Society Registration Act. It earned its membership of “Bangiya Granthagar Parishad” in 1931. It was sponsored by Govt. of West Bengal as Sub-Divisional Library in the year 1982. Now the Library has more than 30 thousand books along with rare collection of books and Periodicals.
Telephone No: (033) 2652 4993
How to reach the library
By bus – From Salt Lake and Baghbazar No 3 bus – Serampur Municipality & Serampur Town Hall
By train > Howrah – Burdwan (main) – Serampore station
- General Reading Facility
- Lending Services
- Career Guidance Services
- Text books & Reference Books Facilities
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
Serampore College, Serampore Textile College, Carey Library, Serampore Court, St.Olave’s Church, Temple & Charriot of Lord Jagannath, Temple of Radhaballav Jew & Temple of Madan Mohan Jew Tomb of William Carey etc.