Nabadwip Adarsha Pathagar
Nabadwip Adarsha Pathagar
60, Aratghat Road , Baralghat
P.O. Nabadwip, Dist – Nadia
Pin No- 741302
About The Library
In the year 1952, 30th March (16 Choitra, 1358 B.S), three students of Nabadwip Jatiya Vidyalay, named Sri Chittaranjan Saha, Sri Sukhendu Bikash Saha and Sri Paritosh Paul founded a club secretly, named “Chatra Sangha” in the office of the town congress. On the advice of Sri Samiran Chakraborty and Sri Kshitish Bhowmick the teachers of Nabadwip Jatiya Vidyalay, the club
“Chatra Sangha” was renamed as “Nabadwip Adarsha Pathagar” and it was shifted to a hut in the house of Sri Souren Sil of Jannhabipara on a monthly rent of Rs. 4/- . After a few months the Pathagar was shifted to the room of Surjyoodoya Pathagar in Telipara. Sri Chittaranjan Saha was its founder and Secretary and Sri Samiran Chakraborty was its first President.
After much Persuasion Dr. Sachinandan Goswami (proprietor of PAC Company) agreed to become its President and shifted the Library to his own building at Baralghat in the year 1953. He donated 5 decimals land by two Dees in 1961 & 1965 and built the ground Floor of the Pathagar in 1965-66.The front Varandah was created in 1969. The first floor was built and opened on 3rd April, 1977 with the help of some same minded local people. Later on a hall was created in its ground floor mainly with the financial assistance of the Raja Rammohun Ray Library Foundation, under India Govt. & Department of Library Services, Govt.West Bengal in the year 1991 – 1999.
On 21st April, 1966 the Pathagar was registered under Societies Registration Act. In the year 1984, it was sponsored by West Bengal Govt. as a Primary Unit Library. Sri Ashok Sinha Mahapatra joined as Librarian on 8th April, 1984. In the year 1987 it was up-graded as a Town Library.
Nabadwip Adarsha pathagar has a glorious history. Its Silver Jubilee Foundation day celebration ‘Souvenir’, ‘Uttar Tirish’ volume and its yearly publication ‘Rasmi’ reflects more details about the library.
Many eminent personalities visited this library , a few among them are Poet Bijoylal Chottopadhaya, Dr.Srikumar Mukherjee, Provat Kumar Mukhopadhyay, Bibekananda Mukhopadhyay, Sailajananda Mukhopadhyay, Pabitra Gongopadhyay, Samaresh Basu, Dr. Biman Bihari Majumder, Dr. Sitangsu Maitra, Satyendranath Basu, Dr. Khudiram Das, Shantideb Ghosh, Gour Kishor Ghosh and so on.
Telephone No: (03472)241469
How to reach the library
By Train : Howrah – Katoa line, Nabadwip Dham Station then by Rickshaw or Sialdaha – Krishnagar/Lalgola Line, Krishnagar city jn., then by bus to Nabadwip town or Nabadwip Ghat then by boat to across the River Bhagirathi, near by Khheaghat.
- Lending Service (Conventional Documents) to the General Members
- Lending Service to the Children & Youth Members (Free)
- Reading Room Service to the all type of users (Free)
- Text & Reference book Service to the members & library users
- Career Guidance documents Service to the members & library users
- Reference Service to the members & library users
- Photo copy Service to the members & library users
- Bibliography Service to the members & library users
- Referral Service to the members & library users
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
Krishnagar, Nabadwip, Sree Mayapur, Santipur, Fulia, Historic village Plassey, also called Palashi, Shib Nivas, Bethuadahari Forest, Dig Nagar Village, ula-Birnagar etc.