Halwasia Sub – Divisional Library
P.O - Khirpai, Sub Div - Ghatal Dist. : Paschim Medinipur, Pin – 721232
About The Library
The library was established on 1958.Initially it was named as “Lok Seva Samity Library”, after the founder “Lok Seva Samity”. First president of the library was Annadaprasad Chowdhury. On 1st April, 1959 it was recognized as a Govt. sponsored rural library and was named “Lok Seva Samity Rural Library” and it was upgraded as “Halwasia Sub –Divisional Library” on 9th August, 1962 .The founder & president of the library, Mr. Annandaprasad Chowdhury and Hiranbala Chowdhury donated 31 decimal land to the library. Now it has 8 rooms Pacca building at around 8007 sq.ft area.
Telephone No: 03225-260044
How to reach the library
From Howrah to Panskura by SE Rail. Then Panskura to Khirpai via Ghatal by bus.
From Howrah to Khirpai (via Mechagram & Ghatal) by Bus rout.
- Reading room facility
- Reference Service
- Xerox facility
- Children Section
- Career Guidance Facility
- Text Book Section
- Television program showing etc.
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
Birth place of Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar
Any other relevant Information
Working hours : 11:30 to 6:30 pm
Total Members : a) General – 392
b) Children – 156
Total No of Books – 19256
No of Newspapers – 6
No of Periodicals – 37
No of Staffs – 3
Other Information: Card Catalogue ,Book classification, Library computerization are introduced.