Bhatpara Sahitya Mandir
27/2,Thakurpara Road,(Near Barowari Math),Bhatpara,Ward No-IV(Bhatpara Municipality)
About The Library
It was established in 1904 with the name of Bhatpara Library Association. During this time the library used to subscribe ‘Prabasi’, ‘Bharatbarsho’,’Manasi’,’Marmabani’,’Narayan’, ‘Bangadarshan’ regularly. At the time of second World War other two libraries named Bani Mandir in 1939 and Evergreen Library in 1940 were established. After 1947 another two libraries were started, namely Rabindra Library and Kishore Pathagar. These five libraries were amalgamated into one library named Bhatpara Sahitya Mandir on 23rd January 1953. It could be done with the effort of ten renowned persons of the stated libraries. On 10th February 1982 Bhatpara Sahitya Mandir was recognized by the State Govt. & became Primary Unit Library. On 2nd February, 1987 it became Town Library. On 19th July, 1989 this library was transferred to its own building.
Telephone No: 8017047386
How to reach the library
By train>Kakinara or Naihati station- Sasthitala more
By bus>from Barrackpote take a bus of 85 no route- Roy studio stop.
- Reading Room Facility
- Lending Facility
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
Kankinara Railway Station