Sewli Milan Pathagar
P.O.Sewli Telanipara, Dist.: North 24 Parganas
About The Library
It was established in the year 1951(July)( Bengali year 1358) by some enthusiastic school students aged 10 to 12 years in one of its dwelling house in this remote village of Sewli, under P.S – Titagarh, Barrackpore Sub-division. They nourished it with utmost care; till in the year 1958 it was registered under Societies Registration Act. By this time it received everybody’s sympathy and managed to buildup its own building on a plot of land donated by one generous people of this village. Gradually the library acquired fame and popularity in the locality and developed rapidly. In 1971 it was sanctioned as a Rural Library by the Govt. of West Bengal. Again in 1986-87 it was upgraded as a Town Library. Since then it is giving yeoman’s service for the development of this locality and uplift of the society as a whole. Now the library has got a two storied building with 4 rooms, one lawn and a tiny hall on 1st floor of its own building. The no. of books on the stock of the library is 10,500(approx) and members/readers are about 500.
Telephone No: 033-25351063
How to reach the library
From Barrackpore Railway Station proceed towards Barasat on Barrackpore-Barasat Road by Bus No. 81, S-34 or Auto Rickshaw. Stop at Barakantalia More and take left turn, just a minutes walk to reach the library.
- General Section
- Children Section
- Text Book Section
- Career guidance Facility
Nearby Place of interest/ Tourist spot etc
- Barrackpore Gandhi Ghat and Mangal Pandey Park
- One old Kali Mandir at village Ganeshpur – nearly 2 Km. from the library.
Any other relevant Information
Expansion of Existing Building and Construction of one separate reading room is regularly required. The authority is keenly interested for the development of the library.